Once you receive a Shopify order, then you need to purchase the product from the supplier. When the supplier ships your order and adds a tracking number, then you need to fulfill your order to import the tracking number from AliExpress to Oberlo. If your order does not appear in Oberlo, then refer to the Missing Orders (Why Can I Not See My Orders in Oberlo?) article.
Before processing the AliExpress product orders make sure of the following things:
- Have the Oberlo Chrome Extension installed and use a computer or laptop. You cannot process orders on your mobile device or tablet.
- Create and log into your AliExpress account (do not place orders as a guest as you will not be able to track their progress later).
- Empty your AliExpress cart.
On this page:
- Place a single order
- Place multiple orders
- Mark orders as fulfilled
Place a single order
To place an order means to purchase the product from the AliExpress supplier. To place a single AliExpress product order, follow these steps:
1. From the Orders page in Oberlo, click Order product.
2. You are redirected to the AliExpress website, where the Oberlo Chrome Extension (OCE) adds the product to your cart and fills in the shipping information automatically. In case, the information is not added automatically, then you need to fill it manually.
3. In the Payment Methods section, select the preferred payment option and add your payment details.
4. Optional: If you ship to the USA, Canada, or UK, you will see an option to fill in the Billing Address. Make sure to leave the checkbox unmarked and use your own billing address.
5. In the Order Review section, review the order and choose the preferred shipping method.
6. Click Place Order to confirm your order.
AliExpress suppliers ship out orders within 2-7 days and add the tracking number to your order on AliExpress. Once the supplier ships the order, you need to fulfill your order in Oberlo. Check the Mark orders as fulfilled section below.
Place multiple orders
The bulk ordering feature is available on the Oberlo’s Basic and Pro subscription plans. To upgrade your subscription plan, go to the Manage Subscription page in Oberlo.
To place multiple AliExpress product orders, follow these steps:
1. From the Orders page in Oberlo, select the orders you want to place. You can select an unlimited number of orders from multiple pages. You can select them one by one or all unfulfilled orders per page.
2. Click Place X AliExpress Orders to initiate the ordering process.
3. Now Oberlo opens a new browser tab and starts to process your orders. The Oberlo Chrome Extension (OCE) adds the products to your cart, automatically selects the preferred shipping method according to your shipping settings, and adds the order to the Awaiting Payment section on AliExpress.
Firstly, the Oberlo Chrome Extension (OCE) checks your personalized shipping methods. If they are not available, then it checks the default shipping method. If the default shipping method is not available, then it selects the cheapest shipping method. To change your shipping settings, refer to the Settings: Suppliers article.
Note: When you place multiple AliExpress orders at once you might encounter a CAPTCHA on the AliExpress checkout page. The Oberlo Chrome Extension (OCE) solves CAPTCHAs automatically on behalf of you within seconds.
If the Oberlo Chrome Extension (OCE) encounters any issues when processing orders, then it stops and shows a notification about the issue. In such a case, click Solve and then you are automatically redirected to the AliExpress website to fix the issue or skip the order. Once this is done, continue to process the remaining orders.
4. Once the order placement is finished, then you receive a notification in Oberlo about the completed process. To see the detailed information about the placed orders, click Status Page.
5. Click Pay For All Orders to be directed to the checkout page on the AliExpress website.
Note: There is no limit to how many orders you can place at a time within Oberlo, however, AliExpress lets you pay for 30 orders at a time. For example, if you place 90 orders, you will need to pay for them in 3 batches: for the first 30 orders, then another 30 orders, and the rest of the orders. However, there might be some payment methods that can limit you to pay for a maximum of 10 orders at once.
6. Select the preferred payment method and enter the required details, and click Pay Now to pay for your orders.
AliExpress suppliers ship out orders within 2-7 days and add the tracking number to your order on AliExpress. Once the supplier ships the orders, you need to fulfill them in Oberlo. Check the Mark orders as fulfilled section below.
Mark orders as fulfilled
Once the supplier ships the order, you need to fulfill your order. To fulfill an order means to sync the tracking number from AliExpress to Oberlo. You can do that in the following ways:
- Click Get tracking number next to the order in Oberlo.
- Click Send Details, Sync this page, or Sync all orders on the Orders page on the AliExpress website.
If you have set up the automated shipping confirmation notifications, then your customer will get a notification that their order has been shipped. To learn more, refer to the Sending shipping confirmation notifications to customers article.