If you’re selling products with Oberlo, then you need to configure your Shopify store fulfillment and payment capture settings.
On this page:
Choose your fulfillment settings
Orders in Shopify can be fulfilled automatically or manually. When selling products with Oberlo, you need to use manual fulfillment in Shopify. If automatic fulfillment is enabled, then your orders are marked as fulfilled in Shopify and Oberlo, even though they have not been ordered from the supplier.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Checkout.
- Scroll down to the Order processing section.
- In the After an order has been paid section, select Do not automatically fulfill any of the order’s line items.
- Click Save.
Choose your payment capture settings
When you receive an order to your store, then the order's payment status becomes Authorized. No money changes hands during the order authorization. The transaction isn't complete until you capture the payment. Once captured, the order’s status changes to Paid. In Oberlo, you can only place orders that have Paid payment status.
In your Shopify admin, you can capture payments manually or automatically. Your store settings default to capture payments manually. Automatic capture is a good option for most businesses, and is easier to manage as your business grows.
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings > Payments.
- Scroll down to Payment capture section.
- Select Automatically capture payments for orders to capture payments automatically or Manually capture payments for orders to capture payments manually.
- Click Save.
If you capture payments manually, then check your payment gateway’s documentation to determine how much time is provided before the authorization period expires. If the authorization period expires, then you need to request a new payment from the customer. You can request a new payment from the customer by emailing your customer an invoice, or asking them to place a new order.
If you choose to manually capture payment for orders, then consider enabling the Send a warning email when authorizations are close to expiring checkbox to avoid any payments expiring unintentionally.