The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has affected dropshipping businesses and suppliers across the world. Some suppliers, and delivery companies have not been able to operate at full capacity.
To better understand the status of order fulfillment and delivery, you can check out the interactive chart in our blog article. It provides a brief overview of some suppliers that continue to fulfill orders. It also includes some information about average product delivery times to certain countries.
Furthermore, you can always contact your AliExpress supplier, to check whether they can currently ship orders on time. For more information, refer to the Contacting a supplier article.
Learn more about the impact of COVID-19, and how you can manage your business during these challenging times using the resources below.
- What Does Covid-19 Coronavirus Mean For Dropshipping?
- Delivery and Supplier Data: How Reliable Is Your Supplier?
- Here Are the Fastest Growing Categories and Highest Selling Products Right Now
- 5 Steps Business Owners Can Take Now to Improve Cash Flow During COVID
- Changing Products and Adjusting Copy on Your Online Store During Coronavirus (and Other Major Events)
- 5 Reasons I Believe My Business Will Survive COVID-19
- How Coronavirus is Affecting Dropshippers | Everything You Need to Know | Oberlo
- How to Make Money Online in the COVID-19 Economy
- Are Suppliers Shipping Again? | Oberlo AliExpress Dropshipping 2020
- Shipping Times to the US, UK, and More | Dropshipping and Coronavirus
- Ecommerce During the Coronavirus Pandemic: Expert Entrepreneurs Share Their Experiences
- 10 Things to Do If Your Online Business Is on Hold
- Getting the most out of every penny when you launch your store
- What’s Actually Selling in the “New Economy.” Plus, Launching in a Recession.
- The Right Way to Grow a Business Today (Spoiler: Bigger Isn’t Always Better)
- Are digital nomads in trouble? Well, not exactly.