When you're setting up your online store, you should think about how you want customers to find information about your business. You can create various pages such as webpages and policies in your Shopify admin and then link them to your online store's menu items.
With webpages and policies you can provide more information about your business such as shipping times, store's contact information, refund policy, and others. Well crafted webpages might reduce the number of support tickets, increase trust in your store and products, and set correct expectations for your customers.
On this page:
Create a webpage
A webpage is a page that you create and fill it in with content. You can create and manage your webpages in your Shopify admin. Learn more about webpages in your Shopify admin.
Here are some recommended webpages to have in your online store:
- About us
- Contact us
- Order tracking
Describe your store's story, mission, and brand. You can also mention your store's values and what it represents. This webpage can help customers find something in common with your store and better relate to it.
Provide you store's contact details or populate a contact form. This webpage builds trust with customers as they know that there is a possibility to contact you.
Create an integrated order tracking page within your online store using apps such as Tracktor Order Tracking or Aftership Order Tracking. This webpage builds trust with your customers as they can check their order's status any time in your online store.
Create a list of frequently asked questions and provide short answers to them. This webpage increases self-service and proactively covers common customer questions.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Pages.
- Click Add page.
- Enter a title and content for the page.
- In the Visibility section, select when the page should be published. You can make it visible, hidden, or schedule a date to publish it.
- Click Save.
Create a policy
A policy is a page that you create yourself or use a template. For example, you can create or use a template to generate a Refund policy for your online store. Policies are an essential part of every legitimate and professional online business. They're crucial documents when solving disputes and issues with your customers. Learn more about store policies. You can create the following policies:
- Refund policy
- Shipping policy
- Terms of service
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Legal.
- Enter your store policies, or click Create from template to generate the default template
- Click Save.
Create a menu item in your navigation
To make your webpages and policies appear in your online you need to create menu items and then link your webpages or policies to them. Learn more about your store's navigation and menu items.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
- Click the title of the menu that you want to edit.
- Click Add menu item.
- Enter a title for the menu item (e.g. About us). This title displays in the menu, and can include special characters or emoji.
- Click the Link field. If you want to add webpage, then select Pages, if you want to add a legal page then select Policies.
- Click Add, and then Save.