You can set up automatic shipping confirmation notifications that are send to your customers when you mark your order as fulfilled in Oberlo. You can set up email or SMS notifications that contain your order's tracking number.
On this page:
- Set up automatic email notifications
- Set up automatic SMS notifications
- Test notifications
- Resend notifications
Set up automatic email notifications
You can set up an automatic shipping confirmation email notification that contains your order's tracking number. Your customers can click the tracking number and they're directed to the parcel tracking website that you add to your Oberlo General settings such as 17track. This way your customers can track the shipment status by themselves.
2. In the Notify customers about shipped orders section, check Notify my customers.
3. In the empty field, add the following package tracking website URL:
5. Replace the default code in the Email body (HTML) field with the Oberlo custom shipping confirmation email code. The Oberlo code inserts a tracking number URL to your shipping confirmation email.
6. Click Save.
Now when you mark your order as fulfilled in Oberlo, your customers receive a shipping confirmation email that contains a hyperlinked tracking number to the package tracking website.
Translate email notifications
If you operate your online store in another language, then you can translate the Oberlo shipping confirmation email code to your preferred language. You can translate the highlighted areas to other languages and then paste the code to shipping confirmation window in your Shopify admin.
Set up automatic SMS notifications
You can let your customers to checkout using their phone number or email address. If a customer enters their phone number at the checkout, then they receive an automatic SMS notification instead of an email. However, hyperlinks don't work in an SMS. This means that you can only add a plain tracking number to the SMS notification.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Notifications > Shipping confirmation.
- Go to SMS tab.
- Replace the default code in the Content field with the Oberlo custom shipping confirmation SMS code. The Oberlo code inserts a tracking number to your shipping confirmation SMS.
- Click Save.
If you want to make sure that your automatic shipping confirmation notifications work and look as intended, then you need to trigger them by yourself. To test an email notification you need to create a draft order, and to test an SMS notification you need to send a test SMS to your store's phone number.
The automatic shipping confirmation notifications are sent only for your new orders. If you have marked any orders as fulfilled prior to setting up the automatic notifications, then you can resend them manually.